Sunday, June 29, 2008

Not Knocked Up

Well, the guinea pig formerly known as Lacey, now known as Mia Rose is in fact not preggers. According to the rudest veterinarian in the whole world she is pleasantly plump. He isn't rude because he said she was pleasantly plump. He's rude because he had the bedside manner of a viper. I think he is related to Trinity's Orthopaedic doctor from last year.

Anyways, Mia Rose is not a Mamma Mia. Wouldn't that have been cute though? Fad-ulous as well with the movie coming out this summer but alas, it is not the case.

She's still a sweetie despite the horrible handling she endured yesterday. We gave her some space the rest of the day to recover from her assault.

We are in the last week of Kara, Inc.'s visit. I'm trying to focus on the positive ... having the house back to the usual residents and not going constantly. However, the bottom line is that I'm gonna miss 'em something fierce. I've gotten use to them all being here. It is more fun to go do things with them in tow. The kids have gotten along well and Kara and I have done pretty good at getting everyone fed and cared for.

I am also trying to just look forward to our upcoming vacation. Colorado Springs is one of my favorite places to visit. We plan to take the kids to the zoo there (quite possibly my favorite zoo ever) and also to Santa's Workshop. My children love the rides and shows there but will not even consider saying hello to the man in red himself.

We'll be camping in Clyde, our new pop-up camper. We'll set up the tent too for Kara and Chad (my bro-in-law) to sleep in. Chad is meeting us there and will be reuniting with his family after sharing them with us for a month.

We love our camper. It has a slide out dining table area that converts to a bed. It also has a hard side shower and potty inside as well. It sleeps 6.5 comfortably. We're looking forward to using it again. (Incidentally Clyde is now towed my practice mid-life crisis vehicle, Lucinda.) Lucinda is a silver Honda Pilot and I LOVE HER. She is very mine. Even when Mark is around I drive most of the time.

We had Clyde's maiden voyage in Amarillo at the beginning of June and have since taken it to Ridgway State Park which is about an hour and a half south of us. That was tons of fun and we had a great time. It was gorgeous.

I'm glad April has jumpstarted me to blogging again. I never know when the urge will hit me but I do enjoy writing from time to time so it's a good thing. Check out her new blog if you want to know a little more about my best friend (www.hog-wild-rice.blogspot.com). Incidentally, she is probably the reason God transplanted us in southern Arkansas for five years in 1996.

Laters!

1 comment:

sarahdawn said...

Glad to see you functioning in blogland again! I know you will miss them, but I personally am ready for your sister and fam to come home! Paris has been asking to see Hannah - Banana and was very sad that they weren't around for her b-day party. Praying for smooth transitions ans safe travel.......