Friday, March 16, 2012

Amish Circle Quilt Project - # 101 - "Ohio Star"

Block #101 - "Ohio Star"
Started on 9/22/11
Completed on 9/23/11
Technique: Pieced, flying geese

I made some feeble attempts to research what exactly makes the Ohio star the "Ohio" star. While I didn't discover the reasoning I did see that most of these stars are made with quarter square triangles instead of flying geese. As a matter of fact, this star I made resembles more the sawtooth star.

I learned to make the sawtooth star in my early
quilting classes. I made a small, lap quilt for Mark's grandmother with the pattern. This one also has a pieced border made of flying geese. I like the way this one turned out but if I was doing it again, I would make all of the stars the same color or make every one of them different.

It is strange to me how much I like a white background for quilts. I would not be inclined to use a mostly white bed covering because they scare me as far as getting soiled and stained goes. But they do look mighty sharp.

We've had beautiful spring weather this week. I love living here! Four seasons, no tornadoes, very little rain, and the occasional snowfall to thrill the Southern girl who has been transplanted here. What more could you ask for?

We are looking forward to getting the camper opened up and using it soon. We are making plans to "get out there" Memorial Day weekend but it wouldn't hurt my feelings to go sooner!

Happy Weekend to all!

Blessings y'all!

No comments: