Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Block # 100 - "Ice Skates"

Block # 100 - "Ice Skates"
Started on 8/25/11
Completed on 9/4/11
Technique: Applique'

Don't fall over in shock! I'm posting again after a lengthy hiatus. Three words. Girl. Scout. Cookies. I have been up to my eyeballs in 'em and am actually not quite done yet. But I can see my way clear to blog for a few moments.

I like this block even though an ice skater I am not. My step-mother Mary took me a few times to the galleria in Houston on weekends I would be with her and my dad. And then I suppose I went a few times in Austin at, was it Northline Mall? I'm not a fan of ice, at least when it comes to my backside landing on it and skidding across it. I don't mind watching others skate ... or fall.

Mark and I went to see Grease on Ice when it came to Monroe, LA. I'm thinking I was preggers with Trinity when that occurred but it may have been before that. Anyway 11 or 12 years ago, we saw Grease on Ice. Being the loyal follower, fan of Grease, it was a big thrill for me!

I finished my charity quilt for the ladies' quilting group at church. I handed it off to Melva last Wednesday. It turned out better than I'd hoped, especially after I added a stop border and a bigger border. There are sawtooth stars in there ... I promise.

Next project is a commissioned quilt for my friend Elizabeth. We bought the fabrics week before last and I got most of the cutting done this past Saturday.

My hubby brought our nice glider chair down from the guest room to our bedroom. Now I have a little space to sit and blog, do devotionals, and other heart happy things I take care of each day. Amazing how little things like that can make such a big difference.

Blessings Y'all!
Lesa

No comments: