Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Amish Circle Quilt Project - "The Picnic"

Block # 1 - The Picnic

Started on 6-20-11
Completed on 6-20-11

I used reds rather than blues for two reasons. One, red said picnic to me more than blue did. Two, I didn't have blue fabrics I liked for this block!

When was the last time you got together with other families for a picnic down by the pond (or anywhere else for that matter)? That's what this block represented. A little family picnic that turned into 64 people and an all day affair.

We had a church picnic last month and it was so nice to get together with such a diverse group of people who shared a common faith and love for God. How nice to visit with people you simply don't get to know during a worship service.

I think perhaps such gatherings should happen more often. Getting together to picnic, play games, toss a ball around, or as my family often did sing together.

Father, help us all take time to spend time with people we love and whose relationships we value.

May you all picnic in your own way this week!

No comments: