Saturday, November 12, 2011

Amish Circle Quilt Project - # 71 - "Jacob's Ladder"

Block #71 - "Jacob's Ladder"
Started on 9/2/11
Completed on 9/3/11
Technique: Pieced

I like this block just fine. I might would go for a little more contrast between the two aquas next time so the triangles would pop out a little more.

I find myself having not been in my quilting room for a couple of weeks now. Between the kids each being sick and me taking a turn, a short trip to Salt Lake City and of course the regular calls of motherhood and home manager I just haven't been able to get in there.

Everyone seems well enough now. A cold (or I guess it would be a couple of colds) cycled through me and the kids. One of us would have it, get well, and then it would start with another one of us. It went through most of us twice!

The trip to Salt Lake was so fun. It was a birthday celebration of sorts for me. We did a little bit of something for each one of us and it worked out that we all had a great time. We drove up to Park City which was a neat little town with beautiful scenery. On Tuesday I took the kids to Farm Country at Thanksgiving Point while Mark went to his training class for the day. We had such a lovely time.

I've begun working on some projects at church. I'm finally getting involved here. It has only taken 4 1/2 years! I'm trying hard to listen to God's leading and I've prayed over this for months (okay, so maybe I was hoping He would change His mind). I'm going to ease into things and see what happens.

About quilting: I have a handful of quilts that need the binding hand stitched on. I've got a handful that need piecing, and a handful that need to be started. Never a dull moment or a lull in action needed when it comes to this rewarding craft of mine!

Father, thank You so much for the cool days of Fall; for the glorious golds, oranges and reds on the trees that beckon a leisurely walk. Thank You for your creativity and for sharing it with the humans You so love. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

Blessings Y'all!

No comments: