Sunday, November 13, 2011

Amish Circle Quilt Project - # 72 - "Softball Game"

Block # 72 - "Softball Game"
Started on 7/13/11
Completed on 8/16/11
Technique: Applique'

This is cute block. If I knew a young softball player I'd be inclined to repeat the block a few times for a nice little throw!

So, here's the shocker. I am SO not baseball fan. I know. I know. The favorite American past time that so many devote their hearts to ... it isn't for me.

I remember going to a Texas Rangers game with my family when we lived in Garland, TX. I do remember that being fun. However, as an adult, I attended and LSU baseball game. Once. I have never been so bored in my life. Totally not fun.

I suppose I'd not mind watching one of my children play. That would be a vested interest of sorts so I could probably manage to stay awake. But I don't think I would be one to sit in the rain (which would be cold rain in Colorado) or in the baking hot sun for said match up. Isn't life too short for that??

Okay, so you've got me. For my babies I would endure rain (cold or not) and sun. But I wouldn't like it. At all. Have I been in any way unclear here?

Father, thank You that neither of my children have discovered baseball or softball. Yet. I hear tell you don't place more on us than we can handle. I praise You and love You for knowing me so well.

Blessings Y'all!
242

No comments: