Monday, November 22, 2004

My Inbox Runneth Over

When emails used to get returned to me with the message "Recipient's Inbox Full" I always assumed they had some large files in there. You know, big pictures someone sent or some other large attachment. Half the time I assumed they were harboring pictures that I had sent! I no longer believe that has to be the case! I am convinced that I can achieve a completely full inbox simply with normal email messages.

Right now there are 83 messages in there. These aren't just anything and everything messages. These are messages that have survived my scrutiny and elimination process. For example, if the subject line of the email has the letters FW or FWD in any form or fashion, it's deleted; unless I can establish by the rest of the subject it is necessary to my well being to read. This rule is also overthrown if I know the sender is another anti-forwarder like myself. That lets me know it must be important.

If the message contains the words get, now, sale, warning, or any more explicit words of offering, it's outta there. Almost all solicitations from online businesses I patron are tossed as well. It's essential to keep special offers from Oriental Trading Company though. And I delete replies to my emails I get from people that don't require a response or further correspondence.

So what's left? Well, 83 messages. Church bulletins that have something I want to tend to in them. Requests from family members about our Christmas gift giving list which I manage. Emails from when Will was born over two months ago that I want to keep and print for his baby book. Just lots of messages that need my attention.

My inbox was never this overwhelming when Trini was our only child. It never got so out of control. How can one little person do such drastic things to an electronic inbox?

Of course, when I sit there holding my son, looking into his still baby blue eyes, I don't think of inboxes or emails. I think how blessed I am to be the mother of not one but two precious babies. I ponder what I could have done so right in my life that God would entrust these two little people to me? Sometimes other things I need to be doing race through my mind. I've learned to push those thoughts aside and take in the joys of motherhood.

I'm still an over achiever and somewhat of a perfectionist but I'm learning and understanding what the important things in life really are. I'm learning ... after all, He's still working on me. -
Lesa

"You can give without loving, but you can not love without giving." - Amy Carmichael

No comments: