Friday, November 12, 2004

What's in a Sound?

My house cleaning mad dash is on. Time is running out. Company is due tomorrow or maybe tonight. Little truths about myself are coming out in ways I find remarkable. For instance, my newborn is living, crying proof of what a poor housekeeper I have been. Allow me to elaborate.

It's a well known fact that babies can hear while in utero. We sang to our son and talked to him. He heard the world around him. He's used to the singing at church and his sister's girlie screeches. He's even used to all three of our dogs barking, even if one is right beside him. None of these things startle him, scare him, or even wake him.

So why when his mother tries to vacuum does he totally flip his lid? What exactly does that say about my pre-natal efforts in tidying up?

In my defense I was on bedrest for several weeks prior to his arrival. And I must say that I really do feel a stronger need to stay on top of things in the house now. Guess I'm growing up. Of course, now I don't have time to do the things I want and need to do in the house. I'm always tied up with one or more children. The mind is a funny thing that way.

Oh well! He's still working on me! - Lesa

"You can't turn back the clock, but you can wind it up again." - Bonnie Prudden

No comments: