Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Amish Circle Quilt Project - #78 - "Haystack Supper"

Block # 78 - "Haystack Supper"
Started on 7/13/11
Completed on 8/16/11
Technique: Applique'

Well, here is another block I thought turned out rather cute. I really like cutting out and assembling little blocks like this.

The idea of a haystack supper appeals to me. In the letter that goes with this block the writer talks about a haystack supper that's proceeds went to help a man (and his family) that was injured on the job. Corn chips, meat, veggies and cheese topped with salsa or sour cream sounds yummo to me. (Okay, minus the veggies for me, but still.)

So now I have an event to plan. I just need to see who should benefit from such an event. Maybe our food pantry at church would be good? Or maybe I'll suggest this for some of my Girl Scouts who are struggling to get going on their Bronze Award projects. Creative juices = flowing.

I've started going through "The Purpose Driven Life" by Rick Warren for the third time. I have a more consistent time for devotions going on now than I ever have before so I am hoping I won't abandon the effort again. It hasn't been the book's fault. I really like it. I would just fall away from allowing time for it before.

I'm also enjoying a devotional book called "Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young. I just bought another one of her books called "Jesus Lives" and am looking forward to starting that one.

I hope to stitch a little on my "I Believe" Christmas quilt this afternoon. I think I have 3 of the 9 blocks quilted now. If I could get it quilted and machine stitch on the binding I would feel great setting it aside for awhile. I tend to get bindings done when we travel during the summer and while I'm sitting around at campsites.

Father, today, guide each decision I make and each step I take. Grow me into a better wife, mother, friend, person.

Blessings Y'all!

No comments: