Saturday, December 31, 2011

Amish Circle Quilt Project - #81 - "Diagonal Patches"

Block # 81 - "Diagonal Patches"
Started on 9/7/11
Completed on 9/7/11
Technique: Pieced

This was a cute, easy little block. I have tons of tiny squares of leftover fabrics. I rarely throw away pieces that I can cut at least a 1.5" block from. I have containers of 1.5", 2". and 2.5" squares just waiting to be called on for use.

The letter with this block tells of grandmothers sewing together leftover squares from a sunshine and shadow quilt. That would be so fun to have my kids two grandmothers sitting together visiting, doting over my children, and sewing together pieces of fabric that will be much more than a utilitarian quilt.

I have 7 of the 9 blocks of the Christmas quilt quilted. 2 to go plus the borders and it will be ready for the binding. Oh, and I almost forgot the decorative buttons! This is the first quilt I have ever made with buttons. Won't be as user friendly I suppose but it will be stinkin' cute!

If you follow my blog because of the Amish Circle Quilt, please let me know if the addition of decluttering posts (and eventually devotional ones as well) is a nuisance to you. I have been going back and forth with whether or not to start a whole new blog for these other topics or not. Your input might very well make a difference. Of course, the Amish project only has 40 more block posts and then, other than some wrap up and quilt finishing posts it will come to a conclusion.

Father, thank You for all the promise that the New Year holds. Thank You more for the promises You hold for those who love You and seek to do Your Will.

Blessings Y'all!

No comments: