Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Progress Report Mid Week 6

Physical Jewels:
Week 1 - 5 1/2
Week 2 + 1/2
Week 3 - 4
Week 4 No weigh in - at hospital with Trinity
Week 5 + 2 1/2
Total weight loss: - 6 1/2 lbs.

I'm feeling so much better about things. The scale was lower today than it has been in a long time. I have high hopes for Saturday morning.

Spiritual Jewels:
Even though the scale clearly reflects some back paddling, I felt very good about week 5. Going through Trinity's accident was very hard for me. I had to pull myself up by the boot straps and take inventory. Without any family around and even having to have Mark absent a good bit, it was rely on God or else.

As bad as the situation was and as alone (in earthly terms) as I felt, it was a truly rewarding Spiritual experience. For once in my life I didn't consume food to hide from the worry and the stress of the situation. Even if that meant cutting off my food portions because I knew the volume was too much, not because I didn't WANT TO EAT MORE, because I did. But I trusted God to keep comforting me and He really did.

I had a hard time praying, formally so to speak. When I'm caught up in these situations, I often can't find the words. Little more than, "Father, I need Your help," or, "Father, take care of her." Whispered prayers of this nature were all I could muster for awhile and for the first time in my life, that felt like enough. I think I've come a long way.

Devotional Time:
This time had to morph and change a little based on what I was able to do for a few days there and based on what I had in me to offer to the Lord for several days since. There were a few days I couldn't do anything. A few days I could only reflect on my one daily verse. And then I've started adding my Psalm reading back in as well. It isn't back up to full steam but again, I feel okay about it. This is the least guilty I've ever felt, and yet the more eager to resume my NORM.

Struggles:
Main course portions are my main struggle. I am allowing myself to have sweets. Deprivation is not part of this plan. I don't go overboard with those. But I have a hard time getting smaller portions of my meal. I refuse myself seconds, which is good, but still need less to start with.

Blessing My Heart:
This fell to the way side when I was at the hospital with Trinity. She's been sleeping in our room and so I haven't wanted to get up early to walk because I didn't want to wake her up. She's going back into her room tonight so perhaps tomorrow I'll get back on track ... or back on the treadmill.

Prayer Concerns:
Please pray for Trini's arm to continue to heal well. Her x-rays looked good yesterday as well as her incisions and pins. She likes the new cast so far and she likes me a little better now too. Pray for healing and no permanent damage.
My step-dad's father, Ed Fleming, is in real bad shape in a hospital in Oklahoma. He's dying. I don't know if anyone has really said that out loud. He's had a bad stroke and several small ones and now the main artery that supplies to his brain is closed off. He has a feeding tube in his stomach but that is having complications as well.
My cousin Jenny's son, Chase, has a heart condition that is probably going to require him to have heart surgery with the insertion of a pacemaker. Chase is an active 11 year old so pray he will have a quick recovery and be able to resume the things he loves to do.
Join me in thanking our Heavenly Father for beginning to deliver me from overeating and overweight.

No comments: