Saturday, May 26, 2007

Therapy Book?

Okay, let me be honest. The moving in honeymoon is over. Boxes have been unpacked. I'm still finding permanent homes for "junk". All in all we're pretty well settled in though.

With Trinity's accident, it has finally hit me. We are far away from our friends and family. Nothing has felt so bad that I've thought I'd just rather go back to Texas. On the contrary actually. I really love it here in the Grand Valley. Every day is just a blessing with God's wonders and creativity around us.

The emotional part of it is getting to me. I was happy about the move. I was glad for a change, I was excited to start things over. I adore our new house and have worked hard to make it a home. I felt all along that God was leading us here. So it was and is a good thing.

I'm just ... emotional.

So, I started reading a wonderful book last night called "After the Boxes Are Unpacked: Moving on After Moving In". (I don't know how to underline on here.) God sent it to me. I read about it in a Christian magazine last month and ordered it immediately. Advertising pays off, what can I say.

The first thing I've assigned myself to do is to start assigning loved ones to each day of the month to pray for. So, I'm using the calendar on our family yahoo group to document who I'll be praying for. Basically family, my friends and their kids and maybe even their spouses. The idea of it made me feel better. What better way to stay connected and to be close in thought than to have a loved one in my daily prayers?

So, who knows! You may be seeing your name in my prayers before long. I would like to at least send an email or a little postcard to those that aren't internet savvy to let them know I've prayed for them. We'll see how that goes. I'm excited to give this a try.

1 comment:

Deana Nall said...

There's a moving-in honeymoon? Cuz I didn't get mine!