Monday, February 06, 2012

Amish Circle Quilt Project - # 92 - "Storing Eggs"

Block #92 - "Storing Eggs"
Started on 8/26/11
Completed on 8/28/11
Technique: Applique'

Sometimes I have to chuckle at these blocks. I mean, who would just decide to make a quilt block with eggs on it? But then it occurs to me that it actually makes a lot of sense.

Writers write about where they live and things they know. Painters paint about things they love and things they see. Photographers take pictures of things around them that captures their attention. Of course quilters should quilt about what is part of their lives and things they love.

So that presents two questions I'd like to ask of anyone who might read this.

1. Do you know someone this egg block would make a cute quilt for? Perhaps a chicken farmer or a gourmet egg cooker? (Which I suppose would make them an "eggspert". Oh, indulgent bad joke.)

2. What would your life's/love quilt look like?

My quilt would have to include my husband and children, something to represent my faith and love for God, music, reading, the Amish, ocean, mountains, and then an homage to quilting somehow (within the quilt). What a treasure that would be to have and leave as a legacy for future generations. Isn't that a great thing about quilting; that it says, "I was here. I created this. Remember me."

I had miscounted the blocks of my first "Be Attitudes" quilt. There are 12 blocks. So far I have seven of those embroidered. I would like to have those all stitched and the top sewn together by the time I finish the Amish Circle Quilt Project Blog series. That way I can dig in to assembling that quilt.

The 2012 Mystery Quilt will start on March 1. I've got to try to dig up enough money to buy my fabrics before then so I can jump in when it starts. I love doing the mystery quilt each year. This will be my 4th one!

I think I'm going to cease and desist with my prayers at the end of these entries for the most part, now that I am writing my devotional blog. But just know that I strive every day to please our Heavenly Father in all I do.

Blessings Y'all!

1 comment:

Rosemary Youngs said...

I have somewhat of a life quilt, I wanted to make a Baltimore album quilt so bad many years ago I decided to do that. There is a long block across the top that I use on sunbonnet Sue's and overall bills to represent my husband and I and our four children. I also had blocks in the quilt, one block for each of us around different floral blocks that represented each child and my husband and I and things that we like to do. It will always be one of my favorite quilts.