Friday, February 10, 2012

Amish Circle Quilt Project - # 94 - "Neighbor's Bonfire"

Block # 94 - "Neighbor's Bonfire"
Started on 8/25/11
Completed on 9/3/11
Technique: Applique'

Another unusual block but one that I really like! This one makes me think of campfires, bonfires, weenie roasts, etc. from my childhood. It also makes me think of my Uncle Dan who is a retired fireman.

Again, in the letter that goes with this block, we see the good, clean fun the Amish teenagers have together during their courting years. It wonders me if teens today still appreciate and participate in such a simple kind of gathering.

So I can see this block making a nice quilt for a fireman or fire station, for a campfire girl or Girl Scout, for avid campers, maybe even for those who really, really like to barbecue.

Got a little bit of stitching done on another one of my "Be Attitudes" quilt blocks yesterday. It was a busy day getting everything ready for date night with my honey. We went to eat at Outback Steakhouse and then to the Avalon Theater for a concert by Jim Brickman. We love him. If we had known about him when we got married, his music would have been all over our wedding and reception. Guess we'll have to shower our anniversaries with it.

Blessings Y'all!

No comments: