Monday, February 13, 2012

Amish Circle Quilt Project - # 95 - "Fence Row"

Block # 95 - "Fence Row"
Started on 9/22/11
Completed on 9/22/11
Technique: Pieced with Half Square Triangles

This little block would make a terrific quilt with several of them sewn together. Perhaps Ms. Rosemary would chime in on whether it would be most proper to make the blocks all the same color or in a variety of colors?

I got a sweet little surprise this afternoon. I was getting out block 10 of 12 of the "Be Attitudes" quilt I've been working on and happened to look ahead at the last two. At some point (long enough ago I'd forgotten) I had already sewn the applique' stitching on block 11 and 12! Woo hoo! That meant I went from having 3 left to stitch to only one, which was the one I was just starting on.

Hopefully tomorrow I will have time to get this last one finished and then I'll be ready to put the top together. I had hoped to go quilt with the ladies at church tomorrow, which I've been wanting to do but not been able to, for several months now. However, Will is seeming sickly and I don't want to get him worse or others sick. Plus, I have some Valentine goodie bags I may end up having to deliver tomorrow too. But I'll get some stitching done one way or the other. I'm giving the kids the day off of their studies but will wait to tell them that in the morning.

I was very saddened by the death of Whitney Houston this weekend. I guess that doesn't have anything to do with my quilt projects, other than I retreat to my sewing room when I'm feeling down. She was one of the first artists that really captured my attention and made me realize music would always be a big part of my life. I am so sad for her daughter and so sad that our world has lost another shining star.

I hope it is comforting to her family and friends that she left such a huge part of herself here with us, for now and for generations to come, with her music and her contribution to the entertainment industry. Rest in peace, Whitney. You made a difference on this earth.

Blessings Y'all!


1 comment:

Rosemary Youngs said...

I think that this block can be used in a two color quilt or a scrappy quilt. Either way, I definitely would prefer it scrappy , maybe with Civil War reproduction fabrics.