Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Amish Circle Quilt Project - # 97 - "Nine-Patch"

Block #97 - "Nine-Patch"
Started on 9/22/11
Completed on 9/22/11
Technique: Pieced

I love simple blocks like this one. Nice and easy and a great way to use up scraps! I guess I have scrap usage on my mind these days because I finally started cutting scraps to put together a quilt top for the quilter's group at church to use.

I have been trying for months to get to their get togethers and while I haven't given up, I suppose I've gotten discouraged at the prospect of making it. So, I'm going to do what I can from home to participate and help out.

I found a pattern that is heavily scrappy in one of my previous year's quilt calendars. It is called Apple Crisp. I think it looks pretty "Fallish" in the design on the calendar but my colors are so crazy I may not be able to call it Apple Crisp. I may have to call it Motley Crue Crisp or something like that.

I finally finished all of those 12 blocks of the "Be Attitudes" quilt on Friday or Saturday. I even got the blocks all stitched together. I just need to add borders and then mark it for quilting. I'm very pleased with the colors of it. They are bright, as is my norm.

My friend Elizabeth is wanting me to make a quilt for her to hang on the wall of her new house. We've finally settled on a pattern; she and I just need to get together now to pick out and purchase fabrics. I'm looking forward to this challenge. The quilt is called "Toomuchery". The sample shown is indeed TOO MUCH. But she and I are convinced we can tone it down and still make a really lovely quilt.

Better scoot for now! Happy Stitching! Blessings Y'all!

No comments: