Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Amish Circle Quilt Project - # 93 - "Tumbling Blocks"

Block #93 - "Tumbling Blocks"
Started on 9/21/11
Completed on 9/21/11
Technique: Templates

Oh I love this block. It is the neatest, geometric block to me. I often read of Tumbling Blocks quilts in my Amish books so it was a particular thrill to get to make one!

The writer of the letter that goes with this block talks of thinking of using flannel as the batting in a quilt she and her daughters are working on. I think I used felt once but was not impressed at all with the way the quilt fell and moved. (I used it on a whim as I had a big piece of leftover felt and I needed to practice my machine quilting.)

Another thing I tried was using a soft cotton sheet as the backing of a quilt I made for my cousin Courtney. In addition to being much cheaper than buying backing fabric, there was no large seam on the back and it was super duper soft which I adored.

The more I get into my craft the more little tricks and ideas I come across. All I know is that I derive great satisfaction from making things with my hands that can offer comfort and a big, warm hug that is almost as good as the real thing.

I barely got to stitch yesterday. So, I'm working on block 8 of 12 of the Be Attitudes quilt still.

Blessings Y'all!

No comments: