Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Amish Circle Quilt Project - Block # 22 - "Quilt Shop"

Block #22 - "Quilt Shop"

Started on 7/7/11
Completed on 7/8/11

Technique: Applique'

To date I have 53 blocks completed. I have only worked on a couple of them for the passed week or so because I had the mystery quilt project to catch up on and then complete. With that done, I can focus some more on my Amish project!

The author of the letter that went with this block talks of working at a quilt shop. I would love to do that if the time comes when I need to work. I prefer, I think, sitting at my machine and putting quilts together. But if I had to get a job it would be so fun to visit with quilters all day and work with notions and fabrics.

I used the monogramming feature on my Janome to add the words "Quilt Shop" to my block. Totally not an Amish thing to do I'm sure, but since I am not Amish I suppose I can get away with it. Gimme a shout out if you think this block is TOO CUTE!

I love to visit quilt shops. The craftier, homier ones with personality are my favorites. I went to one in a warehouse outside of Lafayette, LA, once and while I got some great LSU fabric, the atmosphere was not to my liking.

Father, thank You for letting me find the thing I love to do. Besides being a wife and mother, which are the greatest blessings in my life, You've given me a craft that I enjoy so much and have the ability to do.

Blessings!

No comments: