Friday, August 26, 2011

Amish Circle Quilt Project - Block #33 - "Log Cabin Quilt"


Block #33 - "Log Cabin Quilt"

Started on 7/11/11
Completed on 7/11/11

Technique: Piecing

This was the first type of block I learned to make when I took my first quilting classes in January 2008. I've made two log cabin quilts and oddly enough they were made for my husband and myself. His is an LSU Log Cabin and mine is, well, it's not! Ha. I love mine very much.

I found time today to work on more blocks for this quilt. I guess it was more like I made time. I needed to get my mind off of the loss of our Golden Retriever, Simba, yesterday. And then of course there's my cousin Courtney who is still battling for her life in I.C.U. in Shreveport. I'm a little overwhelmed right now but prayer is keeping me sane. I always wonder how people without faith get through difficulties in life.

Father, thank You for today. Thank You for my life and my family and the infinite blessings and grace you've bestowed on me.

Blessings!

Here's the other two Log Cabin quilts I've made:


No comments: