Thursday, August 25, 2011

Amish Circle Quilt Project - Block #32 - "Spring Flowers"

Block # 32 - "Spring Flowers"

Started on 7/8/11
Completed on 7/8/11

Technique: Applique'

Oh I love this block! I had so much fun putting it together. This is the most successful I've ever been creating anything that blossoms. (And keeping it blooming!)

I often tell people I have a black thumb. That is way more advanced at plant killing than those with brown thumbs. Our house sitter gets a kick out of the fact that I had a half dozen or so plants when she started working for us and now I'm down to only zero.

I do appreciate those with a green thumb. And I appreciate the value and beauty plants bring to our world. Just don't let me near them.

The lighter color petals are made from the backing Trinity chose for a throw quilt I made for her. The words on it say Love, Charity, and Faith (her middle name). I have used using scraps of it here and there throughout the quilt and I really like that. It shall show up again.

Father, I have more on my heart tonight that I can put into words. I ask the Holy Spirit to intervene for me and lift my cares and worries directly to You, Great Physician, Beginning and End.

Blessings!


No comments: