Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Amish Circle Quilt Project - Block # 37 - "Crops and Flowers"

Block # 37 - "Crops and Flowers"
Started on 7/11/11
Completed on 7/11/11
Technique: Piecing

This block makes me think of, "You reap what you sow." And you have to have an extra special talent to make your rows all lean when you piece them together. I know, I'm good. Seriously, I think I had my thread tension too tight.

I didn't work on this project today. I have been finishing a Christmas quilt I started back in 2008 as a block of the month project. I have one large border left to put on the top and then the top will be completed. I cut the binding strips today but still need to piece those together and press them. I have the backing already but need to pick up some batting.

I'm not a big believer in holiday quilts. It is way too much work to go through for something you'll only use or display for a month out of every year. This one was just too cute to pass up.

I'm longing for happier times. I don't mean to feel overwhelmed or down right now. Actually it kind of makes me mad that our dog had to be put to sleep at the same time my cousin is struggling to come back to us. Both events of which occurred during a month that was horrible enough already.

Mark Lowry once said you should just tell God when you're mad at him because if you don't you're lying and you'll have to confess that later anyway. I'm not mad at Him. I'm mad at the crummy circumstances of late.

So on a happy, positive note William is learning to read more and more every day. I love the look on his face when he realizes what word he just pronounced without any help from me. Today we learned "ar" and buddy that made his millenium, because, of course, that word list included CAR.

Trinity has been doing Yoga on the Wii and it makes me happy to see her doing something so good for her body. William joined in today and they are funny to watch. I tried one pose with them. Will said, "Mom, look at me."

I said, "I see you Will."

He said, "Then do what I'm doing 'cause you aren't facing the right way."

Righteous child ... at least about that.

Father, thank You for the day I spent with my kids. Thank You that we didn't give Will away last night during a meltdown. Thank You for date night and for a good babysitter. And thank You for my massage therapist. I probably didn't pay her enough.

Blessings!

No comments: