Thursday, August 11, 2011

Amish Circle Quilt Project - Block #26 - "Butchering the Pigs"

Block # 26 - "Butchering the Pigs"

Started on 7/8/11
Completed on 7/8/11

Technique: Applique'

Isn't this little piggie so cute?

So the title of this block is pretty self explanatory. It leads me to a time of confession for anyone who might read this. When it comes to animals and the consumption of them, I am a hypocrite in denial in a big way.

I love meat. I live on it. Not being a leaf eater I would most likely starve to death if I gave up meat. However, I would give it up, if I could, on behalf of animals and my love for them.

I have to stay away from thinking about how the animals "get dead" as my kids would say. I will never be able to watch "Food, Inc." although I am probably quite sympathetic to the concerns and worries expressed in the film.

I have to say that I will continue to eat meats and I suppose I'll just pretend they come from the fridge or from the guy at the grocery store. Everyone let me stay in my happy place where animals roam free and meat just appears on the stove. Already cooked is even better.

Father, thank You for providing for our needs. And thank You, Lord, for keeping your eyes on even the sparrows.

Blessings!

No comments: