Monday, August 29, 2011

Amish Circle Quilt Project - Block #35 - "Pinwheel Blocks"


Block #35 - "Pinwheel Blocks"

Started on 7/11/11
Completed on 7/11/11

Technique: Piecing

This was so fun to make. I love the sharpness and angles of this block. The only pinwheel quilt I've made before was in quilting classes and it ended up being for my Trinity. She loves it and helped pick out the fabrics. I'll include a picture of her quilt today.

Quilting has been so therapeutic for me this week. It has been an escape from negative thoughts. (It puts me in such a happy place to quilt.) I've had my Women of Faith dvd's on which have been quite uplifting. I listened to the book "Captivating" on CD. Parts of it were looney to me but other parts of it spoke directly to my inner most person.

I have spent so much time in the Word since April. I have felt things changing in my heart and my connection to God growing. It irks me that the trials of late seem to be a declaration of spiritual warfare. What if there's a kink in my armor?

Father, keep my eyes on You. Keep the arsenal coming to fight the good fight. And, if it isn't too much to ask, wake Courtney up soon!

Blessings!

No comments: