Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Amish Circle Quilt Project - Block # 25 - "Roman Stripes"

Block # 25 - "Roman Stripes"

Started on 7/9/11
Completed on 7/10/11

Technique: Piecing

The writer of the letter that goes with this block talks of quilting a Roman Stripes quilt that her mother had made with scraps of cloth from clothing the family had worn. Her mother had recently passed away so it was bitter sweet to work on this quilt.

I'm blessed to still have my mother alive and well. She is only 18 years older than me so I'm hoping that gives me a good chance of having her around a good portion of my life.

It was just me and "Mudder" for a few years there. She worked at Timberland Insurance in Lufkin, TX, which isn't there any more. She had to drop me off at daycare which I greatly protested in the wisdom of my "youngsterness".

She taught me many things through the years. She taught me to sing very early in my life. It is in our DNA I suppose but she ingrained in me a love for music. I was one of the only kids who ever knew John Denver, Anne Murray, and Helen Reddy. Those were the LP records most often played on Saturdays as we cleaned the house.

Thank You, Father, for the gift of music and for using my mother as a vessel to teach me to appreciate it.

Blessings!


No comments: