Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Amish Circle Quilt Project - Block #36 - "Windmill"

Block #36 - "Windmill"
Started on 7/8/11
Completed on 7/8/11
Technique: Applique'
Total blocks completed to date: 79 of 121

I love my cute little windmill. This project is so neat! I am so enjoying it. It has been a blessing to me to read about the relationships of different cousins in the stories that go with each block seeing as how my own cousin is fighting for her life right now.

Rosemary, the author of the book I'm working through, has told me more than once that this blog will be as important as the quilt itself when I am done. I'm starting to realize that she is a wise woman. : ) Lately so much of real life has flooded into my blog so it really will be a source of documentation of my life during the construction of this most special quilt.

Today I feel particularly blessed because I have a number of friends here that I could call on to get together to pray on Friday night ... and eat pancakes. : ) We've got it going on, let me tell ya. Mark and I felt the Lord's will for us to come to Colorado in 2007 and even though we've had some of our most tumultuous times, over and over again we see the blessings He has rewarded our faithfulness with.

Father, You are the wind in the windmill of our lives. Flowing through our days gently lifting us on your breeze. Thank You for your constant presence and for your unfailing love.

Blessings!

1 comment:

Rosemary Youngs said...

Thank you so much, continuing to pray for Courtney, praying that God will surround her and your family.