Thursday, September 01, 2011

Amish Circle Quilt Project - Block #38 - "Mushrooming"

Block # 38 - "Mushrooming"
Started on 7/8/11
Completed on 7/8/11
Technique: Applique'

Aren't they cute little mushrooms? Cute isn't a word often associated with mushrooms. But the ones I made are cute indeed.

Mushrooms. Does anyone else find it totally weird that we eat such a thing? Long ago someone saw them growing in probably not so pleasant of an area and thought, "Oh, we should eat those!"

You'll find it strange that I love mushrooms, considering that in general, I am not a plant eater. I love them in casseroles, on steaks, and on pizza. I rarely indulge but I like them fried and I love the stuffed mushrooms at Red Lobster.

Today is the first day I've started feeling some peace about the turmoil in our lives right now. I found a great passage in a devotional reading in my Bible this morning that summed it all up. I love spending time each day in the Word and find great insight from the devotionals I read too! The passage is from a book called "The Deeper Life" by Nancie Carmichael:

"If I want God to be able to reap a harvest through my life, I need to be willing to let Him prepare the soil - even if that means experiencing brokenness or pain or humbling experiences or LESSONS OF WAITING."

Father, still waiting on Courtney to return to us. Nudge her forward Lord. Comfort us and give us peace during this time. Mostly, let our hearts be open to the lessons You are sowing. Let good ultimately come of this difficult time.

Blessings!

No comments: