Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Amish Circle Quilt Project - Block #47 - "Four-Patch"

Block # 47 - "Four-Patch"
Started on 7/13/11
Completed on 7/14/11
Technique: Pieced

I've been looking at this block and thinking that I can easily use leftover scraps of fabric to make a quilt like this. I like the simplicity of it and that you don't have to have a lot of any one fabric to create it.

I started organizing my leftover fabrics yesterday. Jeepers there are quite a few. As I sorted them by color my brain began storming (read brainstorming) up all kinds of combinations and scrappy quilts I could make. I need to use patterns like this one to use up my plethora of scraps.

My baby turned 7 today. He had an idyllic day complete with fun, gifts and a party at Chuck E. Cheese. I felt so blessed to not have to worry about anything for that party (except the cake which I always make for my kiddos). They did the decorations, food, goodie bags, entertainment, set up and clean up, pinata and a great job of making Will feel special. God knew I needed an easy, just show up kind of party.

Father, thank You for making me a mother. Thank You that my children are healthy and happy and have hearts for You!

Blessings!

No comments: