Monday, September 05, 2011

Amish Circle Quilt Project - Block # 42 - "Strawberries & Raspberries"

Block # 42 - "Strawberries & Raspberries"
Started on 7/8/11
Completed on 7/12/11
Technique: Applique'
Blocks Completed to date: 97 of 121

I love my little berries! Even though I'm not a big fan of berries in general, this was a fun block! Strawberries have seeds that bug me. Even Julia Roberts knows all about that. But I like the flavor of strawberries and their texture is actually okay by me.

This project has made me grow rather fond of applique'. I love all of the different blocks and I keep trying to decide which block would make the best quilt for which people. The last block of the book is an Amish buggy and I'm going to make one to frame and hang in my quilt room.

My mom, step-dad, 3 nephews and niece were all evacuated today from their home near Bastrop, TX, due to fires in the area. The shelter they went to is actually at their church. I know what it is like to leave home like that and to fear it being destroyed. We evacuated from Deer Park, TX, when Hurricane Rita hit in 2005. It is a horrible feeling.

I've been taking the hard knocks in stride. I'm getting a bit of a complex with so much bad stuff happening to me and those I love. About the time I catch my breath and come out of the funk, another whammy hits.

Father, give comfort and peace tonight to those who have lost their homes and who are waiting to see if their homes will be affected. Bring healing to Courtney who is still struggling to return to us. And Father, please help me through these rough patches.

Blessings!

No comments: