Friday, September 30, 2011

Amish Circle Quilt Project - Block #55 - "Checkers"

Block #55 - "Checkers"
Started on 7/31/11
Completed on 8/7/11
Technique: Pieced

Tell me true; does this look like a Checkerboard even if there are no checkers on it? Cutting out tiny circles and applique'ing them on was just not something I was feeling when I made this block.

Wanna know a deep dark secret? I can not stand the game of Checkers. I am even a fan of Chess but I am so not into Checkers.

I guess I wouldn't fit in very well with the Amish. It seems like the more blocks I make and the more I write about their way of life, the more I discover just how unlike them I am. I mean who'd a thunk it? I would differ from them even in board games! And I love games. I am a gamer to the core.

On a separate note, I still haven't fully caught my breath. My cousin Courtney is still in the TIRR program in a Houston, TX, hospital. My mom, her sister, and my 5 year old niece all had surgeries this week. There's another severe situation in my extended family that has been emotionally wretching this week. I keep getting back up though ... the angels love that you know!

Father, thank You for the joy in the simplest of life's happenings. The clear, blue skies this week, the laughter of all my girls, and the lightbulb moments of William realizing he can read so much more than he knows!

Blessings!

No comments: