Monday, September 19, 2011

Amish Circle Quilt Project - Block #51 - "Crazy Quilt"

Block #51 - "Crazy Quilt"
Started on 7/31/11
Completed on 7/31/11
Technique: Pieced

This was a fun and easy block to make. I just started sewing a bunch of scraps together and then cut it down to the correct size once I had it put together large enough. I've since looked up the process of foundation piecing online and I would use that method should I try something like this again.

So, I had myself all worked up today for my second mammogram. At 37 years old many women haven't had even one yet. But I'm one of those in the lesser percentage that has enough family history mixed with discoveries of my own that lands me annual diagnostics already. Anyhoo, I didn't get to have it done even after undressing and traipsing back to the room.

In June I found two areas that concerned me, one in each breast. I went to see the doctor in early July. She encouraged me to wait a month and see if they decreased in size. They had appeared so quickly she thought they might be related to my menstrual cycle. Well, they haven't changed and I finally got a mammogram scheduled for today.

I go in and the technician is going through the work order. When she says, "And your physical exam was normal," I started shaking my head. After much discussion, since I had not had a normal exam, I needed to have a diagnostic mammogram with a radiologist present. There wasn't one present and a new appointment would have to be made.

I told the very nice lady she was likely about to witness me being very upset and I assured her it had nothing to do with her. I've had this issue in prayer for so long and I'd made a strong effort to prepare myself for the process and for the impending results. Well, I didn't show my backside and kept my cool but I felt like someone deflated my enormous balloon. Hopefully I'll get a call tomorrow rescheduling me. Argh.

I've been feeling a lot like the little character (is it Pigpen?) on Charlie Brown that has the little dust cloud that follows him everywhere. When so many things go wrong and go badly, it is really hard not to develop a "woe is me" kind of mentality. But I haven't given up hope! I'm still looking upward.

Father, thank You for all that You make accessible to me and for watching over the parts of my life that I don't even realize needs watching over.

Blessings!


1 comment:

Rosemary Youngs said...

Keep looking upward, prayers are being said. I wish you lived closer, I definitely would teach you how to foundation piece, it makes it a lot easier to put together a lot of blocks. That is the only way that I stitch blocks together now.