Sunday, September 11, 2011

Amish Circle Quilt Project - Block #45 - "Rail Fence"

Block #45 - "Rail Fence"
Started on 7/13/11
Completed on 7/13/11
Technique: Pieced
Block Completed to Date: 100 of 121

I love how these fabrics look together. Just enough contrast and since I love those fabrics anyway it makes it all the mo betta!

My friend Nicole Thompson took all of my first quilting classes with me. She and I could never remember the name of this kind of quilt / block. Half the time we called it a Split Rail Fence. I think I know it now but it was funny that it confused both of us.

I've made only one quilt with the Rail Fence pattern. I called it a Buggy Rail Fence and it went to my one and only mini angel man, my son, William. He loves that quilt and it tickles me to pieces! You can see it here in the bottom picture.

I'm working on several projects right now that has slowed down my progress on this one. I'm finishing our local mystery quilt for the mystery quilt revealing show on the 20th. I've got two almost identical quilts I'm making in hopes of selling. I've got a Christmas quilt I'd like to get done before this Christmas.

Luckily I am way ahead of my blog on squares completed so I have some time to devote to other projects. This one is still dear to my heart so I will continue to blog about it and share my progress!

Father, thank You for giving me work to do that is a craft I love. Thank You for giving me the ability and the means to do something I so enjoy. I am blessed. And Father, bring healing to Courtney. We're all still hoping and praying she returns to us.

Blessings!

1 comment:

Rosemary Youngs said...

I just wanted you to know that I'm keeping Courtney in my prayers, I'm also wondering if the rest of your family was safe from the wild fires. Thank you God for quilting and for the peace that it seems to bring to Lesa and me.