Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Amish Circle Quilt Project - Block #52 - "Pennsylvania Dutch Heritage"

Block # 52 - "Pennsylvania Dutch Heritage"
Started on 7/8/11
Completed on 7/14/11
Technique: Applique'

Wow! I love the story that goes behind this block from the book. The writer says the pattern on this block was traced from a design on a hutch that had been in her husband's family for many years. What a lovely representation of a rich and beautiful heritage.

I was thinking earlier today about my children's heritage. What has followed us through our family trees and infiltrated our lives today? It is actually pretty easy to get started on an answer to that. Love of God. Love of Family. Commitment, loyalty, and even passion in our marriages. That's right I said it! We can still see passion flairing in our grandparents' and parents' marriages. Longevity, endurance, faith, and hope in our Savior are all qualities that have trickled down.

Could any heritage be richer? Could anyone be so blessed? Thank you Granny and Poppa and Grandma and Granddaddy for exemplifying a legacy of love for me and my family. And thank you Dese and Pa and Grandma and Grandpa deValcourt for exemplifying the same for the best man I've ever known, my loving husband Mark.

Father, thank You for blessing me and thank You for the precious moments tucked away inside each day of my life.

Blessings!

No comments: