Friday, October 07, 2011

Amish Circle Quilt Project - # 61 - "Bar Quilt"

Block #61 - "Bar Quilt"
Started on 8/26/11
Completed on 8/26/11
Technique: Pieced
Blocks Completed: 113 of 121

Can't believe how close I'm getting to finishing all the blocks! That means I'll get to start assembling the top soon!

The author of the letter that goes with this block writes of quilting with her daughters. She mentions how she used to sit at the quilt frame with her sisters and mother when she was a little girl. Her own daughters had a hard time picturing her as a child.

My Granny had a huge quilting frame that she would set up in the den by the fireplace. She was so good about letting me help. As you can imagine, I so wanted to help.

I machine quilt mostly so that eliminates the opportunity to gather around the frame with others and visit or reminisce. I have a wealth of appreciation for the hand quilting on a frame process though!

I'm not great at sharing my craft with my kids or my Girl Scout troop either. It is partly because quilting is my "me time" thing. The other part is that while I feel competent at what I'm doing, I do not feel competent enough to teach it.

Father, thank You for giving me my own fun thing to do. I can't imagine not having an outlet for my creativity! Thank You for getting me! Not everyone does.

Blessings Y'all!
243

No comments: