Started on 9/3/11
Completed on 9/3/11
Blocks Completed: 121 of 121 - WOO HOO!
Earlier today I finished my last block for this project! The one I made today was one of my most faves of the whole thing too! I've started cutting the cornerstones now. I still have sashing to cut and borders to cut. I look forward to moving toward assembling it.
So, hexagons. Hexagons were not made with me in mind. I used a template to cut out the hexagons. If I was forced, at gunpoint, to work with hexagons again, I would probably do them with applique' techniques. I found a decent method for putting them together if they are bigger so I guess I might would try that if there was a next time.
Having said that, the block turned out okay after all!
Courtney's quilt top is finished. She is doing very well in the TIRR program in Houston. She's accepted to stay in the program through October 25. After that it will be up to her progress and to the insurance company. Argh. Anyway, I need to go get some batting tomorrow so I can sandwich it together. Here is a picture!
I am going to use a sheet for the backing fabric. I've never done this before but one of my Girl Scouts said her grandmother does that and it is cheaper than buying fabric off the bolt. I love the softness of sheets so I'm hoping this will make the quilt even more snuggable.
Father, please continue to restore Courtney's health of mind, body, and spirit. Cover her with your love and comfort her family as they continue to wait for her recovery.