Thursday, October 13, 2011

Amish Circle Quilt Project - # 64 - "Wood Stove"

Block # 64 - "Wood Stove"
Started on 7/13/11
Completed on 8/16/11
Technique: Applique'
Blocks Completed: 115 of 121

I love wood stoves. I don't think I'd excel at cooking with one. But the quaintness of them and the warmth they represent is most charming.

We have a gas log fireplace in our home now. I love it. Snuggling up next to my honey from fall through the winter just about every evening is one of the great joys of my life.

Warmth is one of the things I love about my quilts. I've been sleeping under 2 quilts since last Friday. A cold caught me and I had a hard time getting warm for days.

My little Will is sick again. I think the cold that caught me caught him. He was so clingy and needy of me today. I ate it up. He's generally a Daddy's boy. But today ... Mommy was the hero. He made a fort under the big table in my quilting room and we watched Aladdin and the second Night at the Museum together.

Trinity got her school work done and then we set up my Singer so she could start sewing blocks together for her own quilt. She wants to make this one to send to the Bastrop Church of Christ in Texas for one of the thirteen families of that congregation who lost their homes. She might as well have wings and a halo.

Father, thank You for my blessed, charmed life. Thank You for my sweet husband and for my beautiful, compassionate children. And thank You for the calm seas I am sailing now.

Blessings Y'all!

No comments: