Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Amish Circle Quilt Project - # 69 - "The Quilting"

Block #69 - "The Quilting"
Started on 9/2/11
Completed on 9/2/11
Technique: Pieced

Happy Halloween everybody! I know my posts have slowed way down. We've had a virus move through the house that hit the kids and myself (hubby avoided the carnage). It knocked us for a loop but it won't stop our trick or treating efforts tonight I don't think.

I like this delicate, pretty little bar quilt block. I have a pattern for a full size version of this. I may have to make one sometime. Ya know, it takes a special talent/skill to make the straight lines curve some. ; )

I've decided to try to join the ladies' quilting group at church. They get together on the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of each month. I'm going to be out of town next Tuesday and I don't know if they'll do it the week of Thanksgiving. If so, I will try to make it then.

I like the idea of quilting with other ladies through different generations. I like the idea of having my kids around other women of faith. We'll see how it goes. I'll have to make up school work folders for each of the kids the night before so they can keep up with their studies. That's not too big of a deal though.

I finished quilting Courtney's quilt this weekend and machine stitched the binding on. I got about a yard of the binding hand-stitched before I ran out of steam. Gotta get back to that. It isn't my favorite thing to do so I have to buckle down to get it completed. Tomorrow is my kick-off for holiday preparations so I don't want this to get lost in the shuffle!

(I have a tub full of things that need the binding hand-stitched on btw!)

Father, thank You for the lull in the craziness of life. Thank You for your leading, your support, and your goodness. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

Blessings Y'all!
240.4


1 comment:

Rosemary Youngs said...

I cannot wait to hear how much fun you have joining the quilting group, you will truly be blessed.