Monday, October 17, 2011

Amish Circle Quilt Project - # 66 - "Warm Chickens"

Block#66 - "Warm Chickens"
Started on 7/13/11
Completed on 8/15/11
Technique: Applique'

The author of the letter that goes with this block tells of her daughter bring chicks into the house in her boots to keep them warm. What a charming tale and what a precious child.

I think somewhere in my heart of hearts I've always hoped we would end up with a little acreage somewhere that would allow us to have some chickens. Perhaps a goat and a horse (for Trinity) and room for the kids to raise animals for 4H or the like. I like the idea of it. Not sure about the reality of the work it would entail.

I'm still sleeping under 2 quilts. Since my cold week before last I've had a hard time getting warm enough. Well, except for during worship yesterday. It was warm in that sanctuary!

Father, thank You for your warmth. Not so much in temperature but in your emotional ties and comfort to us.

Blessings Y'all!
242.3

1 comment:

Jill said...

We have chickens, for the eggs, they are fun! The chicks were really cute! As they are older hens now, they are still funny. Maybe someday... they are not too high maintenance!