Saturday, January 07, 2012

Amish Circle Quilt Project - #83 - "Irish Chain"

Block # 83 - "Irish Chain"
Started on 9/5/11
Completed on 9/5/11
Technique: Pieced

The author of the letter that goes with this block talks of going to a quilting frolic to make a quilt for an upcoming school auction. It brought to mind the group of ladies at my church that do quilting together as a ministry. I have been wanting to join them for a few months now but have not made it yet because of travel, sick kids, and then holiday scheduling too. I think they are meeting next Tuesday so if I can get the kids' schoolwork organized and ready for them to work independently that morning, I will try to go.

All nine blocks of my "I Believe" Christmas quilt are now quilted. The inner border and the second border are both quilted as well as the "title block" at the top. That just leaves the larger outer border and I'll be ready to machine stitch on the binding. It feels good to be getting that booger finished after all these months.

We start up our homeschooling again on Monday and I must confess I'm not quite ready to hit it again. I've sure enjoyed our time off this last month. I've been decluttering the house and also working my way through the 100 Days of Moving Challenge. I'm in a good groove with my daily devotions and am feeling peaceful in general. Nothing like a little time with two griping children not wanting to hear the word math or phonics to send peace packing.

I've got a Ladies' Bunco night planned at church on January 27 and I'm hoping it will be well received. It will be nice to have a play date with my sisters in Christ.

I better get moving ... literally. Got my 30 minutes left to do yet.

Father, strengthen my resolve to keep on making our home and my life more peaceful. Remind me that you alone are the source of that peace.

Blessings Y'all!


No comments: