Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Amish Circle Quilt Project - # 87 - "Lady of the Lake"

Block #87 - "Lady of the Lake"
Started on 9/7/11
Completed on 9/8/11
Technique: Pieced - Half Square Triangles

Something about the name of this block makes me believe it should be in blues and aquas; you know the color of water. But no, I made it in pinks. That's how it was in the book and I think it is pretty even though it doesn't suggest a body of water to me at all.

I feel the crankiness bubbling up in me. I haven't been in my quilt room in a couple of weeks and it makes me grumpy. The last time I went in I found myself getting quite irritated because during the 20 minutes I was in there, I had a minimum of 5 interruptions. That is so discouraging to me. I really don't ask for much time to myself. I don't mean to get resentful about it but to be perfectly honest, I do.

I love my children. Dearly. And I love my husband. I know I have the best one ever. These people are world, my heartbeat, my worldly joy. I just need a little bit for me every once in awhile and I haven't been getting it.

Right now Girl Scout Cookie Season is upon us. I am so over it. And it just started two days ago. I know someday I'll have way more time on my hands than I'll know what to do with. I just don't take comfort in that on days like today when my time is not my own.

Hopefully this doesn't sound as bad as I think it does. I can only hope everyone goes through moments like this. Perhaps venting will make me feel a little better. I know stitching a little sure would.

Father, ease this restlessness in me. Let me focus on You and others and not myself. I know, You know the plans You have for me. Help me conform to that plan.

Blessings Y'all!

No comments: