Sunday, January 29, 2012

Amish Circle Quilt Project - # 88 - "Taffy Pull"

Block # 88 - "Taffy Pull"
Started on 7/13/11
Completed on 8/28/11
Technique: Applique'

I am not a fan of taffy, although I can't say I've ever had the opportunity to taste homemade taffy. Having said that, this sure is a cute little block!

The kids and I made white chocolate dipped pretzel sticks this afternoon. By the time we were done we had dipped a few Thin Mints, Trefoils, and I think a Dulce De Leche or two. (Their Daddy got in on the dipping action too.) Anyway, who knew you could improve Girl Scout cookies?

On the quilting front, I did finally finish quilting my I Believe Christmas quilt last week as well as got the binding machine stitched on! Since then I've gotten the applique' embroidery stitches done on 5 blocks of one of the three Be Attitudes quilts I have in the works. I am hoping to sell two of these. They are SO CUTE!

It is amazing how far a little fun time can go toward warm fuzzies!

On another happy note, I held a Bunco game for ladies at church on Friday night and ended up with 27 women attending. The cherry on top was that we had an age range of 13 to 82. It was so much fun!

Father, I thank You and praise You for the changes You are making in my heart and mind. It is all You; and it is all for You.

Blessings Y'all!

No comments: