Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Amish Circle Quilt Project - #84 - "Clean-Up"

Block # 84 - "Clean-Up"
Started on 8/26/11
Completed on 8/28/11
Technique: Applique'

I like this block a lot! It would be great for a quilt for a professional painter or maybe even for someone who like to paint as a craft or hobby. Pretty neat I think.

The author of the letter that goes with this block talks of a community gathering to clean up the school and get it ready for the children to return in the fall. Isn't that a fantastic thing about the Amish? They do so much together as a community!

I feel more at home in Grand Junction than I have felt anywhere I have lived in a very long time. I felt that way in Lufkin, TX, I felt that way for the most part in Round Rock, TX. I felt that way in Lake Charles, LA. I love it here so much though that it would be hard to recover should we have to move at some point.

I haven't been able to quilt for the last 3 days. I miss my room ... going in there that is. I have one in particular that I need to hand stitch the binding on and I have a deadline for myself for that one. (February 15)

Well, just a regular, nutty day at the Brassette home. Nothing exciting to report.

Blessings Y'all!

No comments: