Thursday, July 28, 2011

Amish Circle Quilt Project - Block #16 - "Maple Leaf"

Block #16 - "Maple Leaf"

Started on 6/28/11
Completed on 7/8/11

Technique: Piecing and Applique'

I love this block. I probably didn't do it properly but I had a hard time figuring out the best way to do the stem. I pieced the leaf parts together and then applique'd on the stem. Probably not proper but I like the way it turned out.

The writer of this letter and designer of this block talks of watching the leaves fall from the trees in September and October. That is something I adore about living in Colorado. I grew up in Texas where we seemed to have only one season. It was called hot and humid. In Colorado we have four very distinct seasons and Fall is my absolute favorite.

We live very near the Grand Mesa and it is a very popular spot for viewing Fall foliage. When the Aspens start changing colors it truly is a sight to behold. Pair that with the refreshing, cooler temperatures and you will find a little piece of Heaven on earth.

Father, thank you for the beauty of this world. The trees, the mountains, and the splendor of Your works let me know that I come from a God who shares my love of expressing creativity.

Blessings!

No comments: