Monday, July 11, 2011

Amish Circle Quilt Project - "Star Baby Quilts"

Block #9 - "Star Baby Quilts"

Started on 6/24/11
Completed on 6/24/11
Technique: Piecing (Flying Geese)

I've made one Sawtooth Star Quilt so far. And I've made one baby quilt so far. (Two more in progress.) But not a sawtooth star quilt for a baby. If I did this one again, I would have made the center square the same color as the points as the sample suggests. But I like this block okay.

I have 34 of the 121 squares done at this point. I'm torn right now because I have a baby quilt I really need to finish. Okay, two I need to finish but one is most urgent. Plus, I have a quilt to finish binding for my bed, a mystery quilt I need to catch up on, and two blocks of the month I've gotten behind on as well. But I'm loving my Amish Circle Quilt project so much that I hate to stop working on it. If I'm being honest I guess I really hate to put away all of the scraps I'm usuing in it to clear my work space.

I need to get these baby quilts done though for reals. I loved the quilts we were given when our children were born. They are very special and I love them still even though my babies are babies no more. Maybe I'll flip a coin.

Father, thank You for blessing me with a craft I love and for making my dreams of creating quilts a reality. You are too, too good to me.

Blessings!

No comments: