Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Amish Circle Quilt Project - "Sadness"

Block #10 - "Sadness"

Started on 6/24/11
Completed on 6/24/11

Technique: Applique'

An Amish man's hat was used to portray this block. I'm not crazy about the stitching I did on this plus I regret not making it in black. So, I've decided I'm going to remake it at some point.

The writer of this portion of the circle letter says, "I have often wondered how people who don't understand God's ways could cope with this." I wonder that myself.

A minister quoted a portion of 1 Thessalonians 4:13 at my Granny's funeral, almost 21 years ago now, "We sorrow not as they who have no hope." All those years ago and that sticks with me still. How would you survive the loss of one so dearly loved if you had no hope; no faith in God or in the existence of Heaven?

Father, thank you for those in my life who have grown my faith my whole life long. Thank you for the promises and the hope you've given us!

Blessings!

No comments: