Monday, July 25, 2011

Amish Circle Quilt Project - "Watermelon Wagon"

Block # 14 - "Watermelon Wagon"

Started on 6/26/11
Completed on 6/27/11

Technique: Applique'

I have never grown a watermelon, picked/harvested a watermelon or sold a watermelon as this writer talks of doing. To be honest, I'm actually not a fan of watermelon. Sliced and salted or not, with sugar or without, it has never really mattered. It just doesn't float my boat.

Watermelon flavored Jolly Ranchers used to rock my world though!

I don't have a prayer about watermelons to share today; shocker I know! So let me offer up a prayer for something that is on my heart. Tomorrow's block will tie in to my Trinity's accident so we'll save that for then.

Father, offer comfort to my friend Kristen's family as they adjust to life without her. Show them Your love can fill in any gaps and can heal the most broken of hearts. Help those of us left behind to manifest Your love in even the smallest of ways for them.

Blessings!

No comments: