Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Amish Circle Quilt Project - "Canning"

Block #4 - "Canning"
Started on 6/23/11
Completed on 6/23/11

I've been AWOL for a few days because we took a family trip to the Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park. Great weather, God's beauty abounded .. 'twas a great time. I did miss my quilting some though!

So block 4 was quite easy and very fun to make. I sure am enjoying small sections of applique' at a time. Bigger blocks that are highly detailed feel insurmountable sometimes.

I was able to match the coloring on this one pretty well. I like the way it looks although I'm not sure there is a light pink jar of anything.

I have never tried to can anything or make jelly. I know my Granny used to make jelly. I loved her homemade grape jelly. It seems like Grandma always had homemade jellies too but I didn't get to see her make them; at least not that I remember.

Anyone out there big into canning? I don't actually have the desire to try it myself but I would love to hear of others' attempts.

Father, I am thankful today for Del Monte and the Jolly Green Giant. For reals, I'm thankful.

Blessings!

No comments: