Saturday, July 09, 2011

Amish Circle Quilt Project - "Health Problems"

Block #7 - "Health Problems"

Started on 6/23/11
Completed on 6/24/11
Technique: Piecing, Half Square Triangles

Trauma, Illness and Depression ... all three of these, no matter how significant nor how brief, they require me to wrap up in something cozy and warm. Even if it is one hundred degrees outside. I used to use a throw size down comforter. Now, I use a log cabin quilt I made for myself and I could almost swear it is even more comforting.

Last summer was a terribly traumatic time for me. I had to break off a relationship with a close friend. The relationship was destructive to my heart and soul. I spent days, in the heat of August, wrapped in my quilt. I was so sad it was hard to utter prayers so my quilt held me together in a way.

Years ago I ended up with an old quilt from my Granny's house. It moved with me from high school to college, to early married life and sits in the home we live in now. Funny how some things never change.

So, do you have a "security blanket"? I'd love to hear about it. I guess I could be out there on my own with this, but I can't be the only one. Surely not. I hope. : )

Heavenly Father, You are the ultimate security blanket and comforter. Thank you for giving us physical items to "hug" us here on earth. I pray we feel your arms around us when we need comfort and warmth.

Blessings!

No comments: