Sunday, July 31, 2011

Amish Circle Quilt Project - Block #20 - "Pumpkins"

Block #20 - "Pumpkins"

Started on 7/7/11
Completed on 7/8/11

Technique: Applique'

Pumpkin pie? Pumpkin bread? Pumpkin spice? The idea makes me almost giddy for Fall to arrive. My wonderful husband, Mark, usually carves at least one pumpkin with the kids each year. I discovered early on that I don't like the ookieness of a pumpkin's "guts".

I like to buy a couple of small pumpkins to decorate the kitchen or dining table. I love the look of pumpkins. And I suppose I like the smell of pumpkins. I've never been fond, though, of the taste or texture of said pumpkins. But more power to all of you who like them. Whatever floats your boat.

Father, thank You for the change of seasons. Thank You for Fall, especially, with its cooler temperatures and the beauty of the falling leaves.

Blessings!

No comments: