Saturday, July 30, 2011

Amish Circle Quilt Project - Block # 19 - "Surprise Quilting"

Block # 19 - Surprise Quilting

Started on 7/7/11
Completed on 7/7/11

Technique: Piecing and Template

The writer of the letter that goes with this block describes a surprise quilting that was thrust upon her at her own home. Several women showed up with lunch and helped her complete a quilt she already had on the frame. And she was thrilled!

I have two very distinct, mixed feelings on the idea of such a thing.

If a group of women showed up at my house this minute I would be too mortified to let them in. The house is strewn out and in need of cleaning. (This is the norm, no special excuses or circumstances.) I would have no chance of enjoying myself with the current state my home is in.

On the other hand, I would give anything to gather around a quilt frame with other women to catch up on their lives and to relax and have fun quilting! Women need this. They need to circle up and giggle and cry and be a part of each other's lives.

Father, thank You for the friends I've made in Grand Junction. Thank You that I have a number of people I can call on when I need an ear to listen or a shoulder to lean on.

Blessings!


No comments: