Friday, July 15, 2011

Amish Circle Quilt Project - "Diamond in the Square"

Block # 13 - "Diamond in the Square

Started on 6/25/11
Completed on 6/25/11

Technique: Piecing

I love, love, love this block! I love the colors and the composition. Crazy lovin' it!

The writer of the letter that goes with this block talks of having a Diamond in the Square quilt in her quilting frame. That's how Granny quilted. She had a huge frame that would be in the den and sometimes tucked into the more formal living room. How cool is it that she would let me help make stitches?

I wish that I was in a community where I could gather around a quilt frame with other women of faith and have a time of fellowship. A work frolic! Doesn't that make any task sound doable or more bearable? I wasn't even taught to quilt with a frame. Even if I was to quilt by hand I'm supposed to use a large hoop like lap stand I bought.

I'm telling you, the Amish people know what life is all about and they've got it going on!

Blessings!

P.S. Posts may be absent for a few days but don't give up on me.

No comments: